Welcome!

Students did post to this blog site while we conducted our field study. We invite your comments and thoughts.

Our field deployment focused on three chief tasks; 1. Mapping the reef floor in 3D, 2. Shoreline Marine Debris investigation, and 3. Environmental characteristics sampling. All went exceedingly well.

This was the second trip in our long term plans. Our first trip and proof of concept was completed with great success in the Fall of 2009; our next proposed trip will be Fall 2010. Don't you want to join us?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sun and sand and...

Marci here! As I write this, I am covered head to toe in hives. For future reference, please remind me to not eat conch again. That said... Belize is AMAZING. From the dolphins on the boat ride out, to the armed coast guard "greeting" our boat (yes, armed), to crystal blue waters and beautiful landscape... it's just breathtaking. Hard work, very hard. And mosquitoes like you can't imagine. But I wouldn't trade a bit. Okay, maybe I'd trade the bugs...

-Marci Fermier

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why it didn't save my post from yesterday - but I'm glad you're having a good time (except for hives & mosquitos). Kelsey is fine & sends her love. Enjoy the heck out of Belize and your work there. See you soon. Love - Mom

    ReplyDelete