Welcome!

Students did post to this blog site while we conducted our field study. We invite your comments and thoughts.

Our field deployment focused on three chief tasks; 1. Mapping the reef floor in 3D, 2. Shoreline Marine Debris investigation, and 3. Environmental characteristics sampling. All went exceedingly well.

This was the second trip in our long term plans. Our first trip and proof of concept was completed with great success in the Fall of 2009; our next proposed trip will be Fall 2010. Don't you want to join us?

Friday, June 4, 2010

Jesse Jackson

I've enjoyed the last several days in beautiful Belize. We've been working hard collecting water samples and shoreline debris the last couple days. I have a thousand bug bites and a sunburn, but its been an incredible journal. Today I went snorkling and found a school of jack fish. I decided to tag along to capture some photos. It ended in a feeding frenzy involving sharks. I saw a cloud of dirt and two 6 ft sharks throwing around the Jacks. I tryed to take a picture and I turned around but I was already half way back to the dock! We are going snorkling in the Aquarium so hopefully I'll get some more great photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment