Welcome!

Students did post to this blog site while we conducted our field study. We invite your comments and thoughts.

Our field deployment focused on three chief tasks; 1. Mapping the reef floor in 3D, 2. Shoreline Marine Debris investigation, and 3. Environmental characteristics sampling. All went exceedingly well.

This was the second trip in our long term plans. Our first trip and proof of concept was completed with great success in the Fall of 2009; our next proposed trip will be Fall 2010. Don't you want to join us?

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dorothy

Well what excitement we have had. I swam with the sharks (babies) a couple of days ago. That was unquestionably the most amazing experience I have ever had. Everyone went snorkeling today, a few of us (the certified divers) held back and took the zodiac out. We went as far as the wall was that associated with the aquarium that was beautiful. I have some still shots and some video, getting ready to go check it out. I think everyone has had a wonderful experience one to never forget. Well, I've been in the water more this trip than the last one. I didn't get to dive :( but, still an unreal experience. I can't wait to get back in the AC... So, tomorrow, bus, here I come, hotel, and airport, just as soon as I get off the top of the boat. If you know me.... You know I'm on top with the captain. Love everyone. See ya as soon as I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment