Welcome!

Students did post to this blog site while we conducted our field study. We invite your comments and thoughts.

Our field deployment focused on three chief tasks; 1. Mapping the reef floor in 3D, 2. Shoreline Marine Debris investigation, and 3. Environmental characteristics sampling. All went exceedingly well.

This was the second trip in our long term plans. Our first trip and proof of concept was completed with great success in the Fall of 2009; our next proposed trip will be Fall 2010. Don't you want to join us?

Friday, June 4, 2010

The end is near!

It's been a great week.  I've seen and done so many new things and I'm kind of sad to leave so soon.  But I'm also ready for a real shower and air conditioning and to not be getting my blood sucked by bugs at ever moment!
Today's exciting moment involved snorkeling off the dock and nearly running into a good size shark! I didn't panic as bad as you would think but I was still at a loss for what the best thing to do in that situation is! I decided a calm b-line back to the dock was probably best and it worked.  I'm glad I got to see one but I never expected it would be that close!

Time for a shower! Can't wait to see/talk to friends and family again! See you soon!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment