Welcome!

Students did post to this blog site while we conducted our field study. We invite your comments and thoughts.

Our field deployment focused on three chief tasks; 1. Mapping the reef floor in 3D, 2. Shoreline Marine Debris investigation, and 3. Environmental characteristics sampling. All went exceedingly well.

This was the second trip in our long term plans. Our first trip and proof of concept was completed with great success in the Fall of 2009; our next proposed trip will be Fall 2010. Don't you want to join us?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Please sign in and post a new message

Hello Folks. If you would like to post a message please sign in and post! Look in the upper right hand corner of this web page (scroll all the way to the top) and you will see "Sign In"; click that link and use your Google login and password (free). It is that simple. In a short 36 hours we will be in Belize!

11 comments:

  1. I am used to packing light for trips but this one is a challenge. There is no Target to run out to for those forgotten items! I look at each item and ask myself if it is essential, keeping in mind that we will tread as lightly as possible on the environment. Batteries and books are my heavy items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second trip to Long Caye, and I'm just excited about this trip as I was the first one. I have packed and unpacked so many times, I'm not even for sure I know what I'm taking. LOL. I've gone to solar for recharging the batteries I'm taking, AA, AAA, & D. The D, I believe will be the challenge, but, it will also be another experience. I can't wait to find out. See ya'll soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday Brandon, Valarie, Bob and I arrived in Belize City. The weather this morning is overcast, but we are looking forward to meeting up with the rest of the group at noon today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondering how Agatha will affect you all.

    I am heartsick to report that BP reported today that the latest effort to stop the oil leak failed. The pristine places are just fewer and fewer, even where you are.

    Hello to beautiful Celini!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Elle! hope you have some nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone had a nice trip to the caye, now it's time to get down to work. Wish I was with y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you aware that your Spot thingie shows that you are in Quintana Roo???
    GKersh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Duff and Valerie!! Hope you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now the Spot thing is working. I can see that you are working south of the lodge on the west side of the island.

    Wish I could be there. Tell Jamie Hello for me if he is there.
    Gkersh

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went to Port A and as I sat in the sand with my feet in the water I imagined you doing the same.... it was very comforting, some kinda wierd atlantic transferance. We miss you mom, becareful and have a blast and we will see you soon....singing," with my hands! with my hands! wih my hands!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elle, you will be happy to know that Winston is not pretending to pee on things anymore. We are watching TV now. Also I hope you are having a great time! Miss you! <3 Andrew

    ReplyDelete